Updated: November 26, 2020
When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Some final notes before we dive in: We’re happy to report that we participate in the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. And, if you’re in the EU, there’s some extra information we’d like to bring to your attention here.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
When you use the Product we shall automatically collect from you and/or your device certain information, e.g. your IDFV and IDFA, which are combined. In the result we will operate a unique ID, which we may not hack and restore your initial IDFVand IDFA. Without this unique ID we are not able to provide services to Operators. We shall not associate collected IDFA or IDFV with other information about you, as your e-mail, address or other identifying data. As well as we won’t have pure IDFV and IDFA in our systems, only a combined ID is available to us. We can not restore the initial IDFA and IDFV as soon as we possess a combined ID only.
As Yas uses of Banuba SDK functionality is fully based on face detection, in order to use the Product Operator shall request a permission to process your images taken by the device camera. However, all images taken by your mobile phone camera shall not be sent to our servers, i.e. we do not have access to such images (we will not collect, share or store them). You should ask Operators if they process your images, what in any event may be dome upon your explicit permission.
When using the Products we do not collect information, which identify or allows to identify you, unless Operator voluntarily provides us with such data (in particular, when communicating you right to erase your data).
In case we start collecting other categories of your personal data, we shall first explain why we collect it and (if applicable) ask for your express consent for such collection and further processing.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a Foundry Six LLC. account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture or avatar. Other services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as Foundry Six LLC. and Chats. Keep in mind that the users who view your Foundry Six LLC., Chats, and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Foundry Six LLC. as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular Story, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, and sent a few Foundry Six LLC.. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which filters you view or apply to Foundry Six LLC., which Stories you watch on Discover, whether you’re using Spectacles, or which search queries you submit.
- how you communicate with other Foundry Six LLC.ters, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as custom stickers, and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Device Phonebook. Because Foundry Six LLC. is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your permission—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send Foundry Six LLC. or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your Foundry Six LLC. account to another service (like Bitmoji or a third-party app), we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads. You can learn more about our use of this kind of third-party data in our Support Center.
- If another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? For the detailed answer, go here. The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, profile information, or Bitmoji stickers, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your Memories content using your precise location information (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information) and applying other labels based on the content.
- provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services. See the Control Over Your Information section below for more information about Foundry Six LLC.’s advertising practices and your choices.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
We may also use information from Apple’s TrueDepth camera to improve the quality of Lenses. Information from the TrueDepth camera is used in real time—we don’t store this information on our servers or share it with third parties.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Foundry Six LLC.ters. We may share the following information with other Foundry Six LLC.ters:
- information about you, such as your username, name, and Bitmoji.
- information about how you have interacted with our services, such as your Foundry Six LLC. “score,” the names of Foundry Six LLC.ters you are friends with, and other information that will help Foundry Six LLC.ters understand your connections with others using our services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Foundry Six LLC. friends in common.
- any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, Foundry Six LLC. will share your information when you connect your Foundry Six LLC. account to a third-party app, and if you share information or content from Foundry Six LLC. to the third-party app.
- content you post or send. How widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using. For example, a Foundry Six LLC. may be sent to just a single friend you select, but your My Story content may be seen by any Foundry Six LLC.ter whom you allow to see your My Story.
- With all Foundry Six LLC.ters, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all Foundry Six LLC.ters as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- public information like your name, username, Foundry Six LLC.code and profile pictures.
- Story submissions that are set to be viewable by Everyone and any content that you submit to an inherently public service, like Our Story and other crowd-sourced services. This content may be viewed and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps, and in online and offline broadcasts.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Foundry Six LLC. family of companies.
- With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps. Learn more here.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services. For more information about information collected by third parties on our services, visit our Support Site.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Foundry Six LLC. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party content and integrations. Examples include third-party integrations in camera search, third-party games in Chat, and third-party Foundry Six LLC. Kit integrations. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to Foundry Six LLC.. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services. You can learn more about third-party services in Foundry Six LLC. here.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Foundry Six LLC. lets you capture what it’s like to live in the moment. On our end, that means most messages—like Foundry Six LLC. and Chats—sent in Foundry Six LLC. will be automatically deleted by default from our servers after we detect they’ve been opened by all recipients or have expired. Other content, like Story posts, are stored for longer. For detailed information about how long we store different types of content, check out our Support Site.
We store other information for longer periods of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. For example, if you use the Map, we store information about your favorite places for up to 40 days so we can personalize and improve your experience. If location information is associated with a Foundry Six LLC.—like those saved to Memories or posted to Our Story—we’ll retain that location as long as we store the Foundry Six LLC..
- We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and advertisements. Go here to learn more.
If you ever decide to stop using Foundry Six LLC., you can just ask us to delete your account. We’ll also delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while—but don’t worry, we’ll try to contact you first!
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or if your account or content created by you is flagged by our automated systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. You can also use Download My Data to obtain a copy of information that isn’t available in our apps in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
- Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Foundry Six LLC.ter, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just go here to learn how. You can also delete some information in the app, like photos you’ve saved to Memories, Our Story submissions, and search history.
- Advertising Preferences. We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests. If you would like to modify the information we and our advertising partners use to select these ads, you can do so in the app and through your device preferences. Go here to learn more.
- Communicating with other Foundry Six LLC.ters. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your Stories, whether you’d like to receive Foundry Six LLC. from just your friends or all Foundry Six LLC.ters, and whether you’d like to block another Foundry Six LLC.ter from contacting you again. Go here to learn more.
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that Foundry Six LLC. is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Rights of Access, Deletion, Correction, and Portability
You can exercise your rights of access, deletion, correction, and portability as described in the Control Over Your Information section above.
Bases for Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at Foundry Six LLC., we typically rely on one of four:
- Contract. One reason we might use your information is because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you buy an On-Demand Geofilter and accepted our Custom Creative Tools Terms, we need to use some of your information to collect payment and make sure we show your Geofilter to the right people at the right place and time.
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, delivering your Foundry Six LLC., providing customer support, and helping you find friends and content we think you’ll like. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you’ll find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so. We explain our legitimate business reasons for using your information in more detail here.
- Consent. In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
- Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users. Since November 15, 2015, our policy has been to notify Foundry Six LLC.ters when we receive legal process seeking their account information, with some exceptions. Learn more here.
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we’ve provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you don’t want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things in the app. If there are other types of information you don’t agree with us processing, you can contact us.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on Model Contractual Clauses or the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S.
Complaints? If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Foundry Six LLC. Group Limited is the representative of Foundry Six LLC. in the EU and is located in the United Kingdom at 77 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 5DU, United Kingdom.
If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Our California Privacy Notice specifies these rights.
California Privacy Notice
Effective: July 1, 2020
We’ll start with a summary of your rights and get into the details later.
- You have the right to know whether we sell your data and opt-out of a sale if we do. Good news! We don’t sell your data.
- You have the right to receive an overview of the personal information we collect, how we use it, and who we share your data with.
- You can request access to your data, get a copy, and ask us to delete your personal information.
- Please review your California rights below. You or your authorized agent can always contact us if you have a question.
Let’s start with your rights.
- Right to know what personal information we collect. You have the right to request details on the specific personal information we’ve collected about you. We provide this information in our Privacy Center, but you can also get this information by contacting us. In addition, you can request a copy of your data here or directly through the settings in the app.
- Right to know who we share your data with. We do not sell your data, but we do share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use service providers to store and host your data. See the Sharing Your Information section below for more details.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your data, unless an exception applies. Examples of exceptions include when we need to keep data to meet legal obligations, detect fraud, investigate reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or fix security issues. Upon your verified request, we’ll delete your personal information (unless an exception applies) and will direct our service providers to do the same. By design, we have pretty short retention terms, so most data is deleted quickly anyway.
- Get a timely response. You have the right to make two free requests in any 12-month period. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and in more difficult cases we may extend our response time by another 45 days. Our support team is pretty great, so they tend to respond a lot quicker. The easiest way to get information is by following the instructions above, but you or your authorized agent can also email privacy @ Foundry Six LLC..com.
- Non-Discrimination. It goes without saying, but we will not hold it against you when you exercise any of your rights. In fact, we encourage you to review your privacy settings closely and reach out to us with your questions.
The easiest way to exercise your rights is by logging into your account so we can verify your identity. You can also email us, but then we’ll require some additional information to authenticate your identity and ownership of your account.
We Don’t Sell Your Data
We don’t sell your data. To keep the lights on at Foundry Six LLC. HQ, we do show ads. We do our best to make these ads relevant, so they’re enjoyable. Our Support Site provides information on do not track, advertising and interest preferences.
Information We Collect
In the last 12 months, we’ve collected the following personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, display name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, username, or other similar identifiers. We mainly use these to offer our services, for example to create your account and send Chats & Foundry Six LLC. to your real friends.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provisions, such as your name, address, telephone number, payment number (last 4 digits only). For example, we use this information so you can buy your latest Spectacles. Keep in mind that some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your gender and age. The main purpose for collecting this information is to verify your age, ensure you are eligible to use our services, and to show you more relevant ads and content in Discover.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. For example, we may keep this information when you purchase items through the Foundry Six LLC. Store (where you buy your Bitmoji stickers and mugs) or when you engage with ads on our platform.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. For example, we may store your search history when you are searching for Bitmoji terms or looking for Foundry Six LLC. and other content in Search.
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location. Foundry Six LLC. uses your device’s location to offer certain location-based features. For example, we use your device’s location to provide Geofilters based on where you’re at or what’s going on around you, or we can use your location to position the Map to show you what’s nearby. Learn more.
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as Foundry Six LLC. and other visual content. Foundry Six LLC. is a camera company, so this one is pretty obvious. We collect Foundry Six LLC. you create, but deletion is still our default with a few exceptions. Learn more.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. We may use this information to create a profile reflecting your preferences and characteristics. For example, we’ll use this information to create a list of your interests and preferences to serve you more relevant ads or content in Discover. Learn more.
For your information, personal information does not include publicly available information from government records and de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or at your direction. For example, we share your personal information with our data hosting and storage providers. We enter into agreements with our service providers in which they can only use your information for specific purposes and are required to ensure its confidentiality.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.